Friday 5 April 2013

Steve Coogan Actor and Comedian




Dear Mr Coogan,

I don’t care what people say I think you are a comedy legend. I don’t think people are saying you’re not a comedy legend, but if they were, they’d be wrong because you are. Now I'm a massive fan of your work and the characters that you've played over the years such as unemployed Mancunian Paul Calf and his sister Pauline, Duncan Thickett and Portuguese Eurovision song contest winner Tony Ferrino. Oh and how could I forget the brilliant Tommy Saxondale.

The reason I write to you today Alan (do you mind if I call you Alan?) is I have an idea for a programme, well a sitcom. I've called it Regional Batman; it’s about a 32 year old divorced father of one. After the breakdown of his marriage he feels his life is going nowhere, until he lands the job as Regional Batman for Surrey, working under the direction of Head Batman. The series will explore how he settles into his new role and struggles with the demanding nature of regional crime fighting along with his ever eager trainee manager/sidekick Robert.
OK I've just thought there could be major legal issues here so it might not work. Bear with me I've got more, what about ‘The Only Way Is Esso’ set in a petrol station where all the staff are stupid and over exaggerate the glamorous world of selling petrol.
Actually we can’t really use the name Esso, so that could become a problem. Wait don’t throw this letter away yet, I've got more erm……’Pot Kettle Black’, set in Amsterdam starring ex athlete Roger Black, he runs a coffee shop in the heart of the City absolutely out of it on marijuana, with hilarious consequences.
OK I'm not sure if Roger Black would be interested or if he can even act. Erm………Last Of The Summer Cider with teenagers instead of pensioners. Oh forget it!

Thanks

Oliver Trout


No comments:

Post a Comment