Saturday 6 April 2013

Michael Fish Former Weather Presenter




Dear Mr Fish,

I have long been a supporter of weather and do my best to take it with me everywhere I go, but recently I've become confused and frustrated by its unpredictability and I often wake up in a cold shiver during the night worrying about it. Either that or I've left the window open again.

Now it’s no coincidence that since your retirement the weather has become a joke, the seasons are all over the place, I mean it’s snowing in April for goodness sake. The weather presenters these days haven’t a clue what’s going on, they try to paint over the cracks with their smiley and pretty faces but they don’t what’s happening. With you we knew exactly where we stood, a commanding figure who knew his sleet from his snow, no joking about, no gimmicks, straight to the point. I remember 1987 and the storm, I was crapping myself, quite literally I was only four, but you had that calming presence that told us, yes your windows may cave in and trees could fall on your house, but everything will be OK in the end.

So common Michael (You don’t mind me calling you Michael do you?) Get off the sofa, come back and save weather. You know it makes sense.

Thanks

Oliver Trout




No comments:

Post a Comment