Thursday 18 April 2013

Helen Chamberlain Soccer AM Presenter




Dear Miss Chamberlain,

I've been watching you now for a number of years….not in a creepy way but through my telly box on a Saturday morning. I often tune in with my girlfriend who I've been with for over two years now, when I turned to her the other week and said I've been out to dinner with Helen Chamberlain, she obviously thought I was joking, but it is in fact true. Why I hadn't told her before I'm not exactly sure as it is my only real claim to fame.

I'm not sure that you would remember but you kindly arranged to meet my mum, sister and I after you mentioned my late father on the show all the way back in early 1995. You came to watch me play football and then we hit the lavish Tolworth Broadway for a pizza.

Now being only 11 at the time I can’t really remember paying anything towards this meal and I can only apologise for this. My excuse being with only 2 pounds a week pocket money coming in times were certainly hard back then. Hopefully this didn't trouble you too much and you moved on.

I would like to thank you belatedly for that act of kindness and if you’re ever in the Godalming area and you fancy a pizza, try Pizza Express on the high street, it really is lovely.

Keep doing what you’re doing and I wish you all the best.

Yours sincerely,

Oliver Trout 
(Now aged 30!)


No comments:

Post a Comment