Monday 5 August 2013

Kirsty Young Crimewatch Presenter



Dear Mrs Young,

I'm writing to you today because you seem like a trustworthy person who can perhaps understand my situation. Now I'm pretty sure you would have already come across this story on Crimewatch but I'm going to explain it to you from my point of view.

My name is Oliver and just over a year ago my then girlfriend and I were driving back from a trip to Cornwall. We decided to stop for some lunch at Route 303 an American restaurant in Hointon, upon arrival the place was relatively quiet and in turn we didn't have to wait long for our food. As we were eating we noticed the place was getting busier and busier, then by the time we had finished it was full. The staff struggled to cope with this sudden onslaught and began to lose the plot, our empty plates hadn't been collected for a good 20 minutes and any hope of a dessert menu was disintegrating. When I managed to attract the attention of the waitress I asked for the bill, she said sure and off she went, a further 10 minutes went by and still no bill so I asked again and alas nothing. I didn't know it at the time but I then made a decision that would change my life forever. I decided amongst the chaos to walk out without paying as my reluctant girlfriend followed, not one member of staff noticed and we fled the scene quickly.

At first I think I was on some kind of emotional high, the adrenalin was pumping and I felt alive, I know I had done wrong but it felt so right. In the months that followed though I became consumed with guilt and paranoia, I thought about going back and paying but I knew that it was too late. I was expecting the police to turn up at the door and arrest me at any moment. The walls were closing in and I knew it, so one day in my complete madness I went on the run, leaving my family, friends and job behind. I spent the little amount of money I had staying in cheap B&B's across the country and it wasn't long before I was sleeping rough. A month went by and still I hadn't been caught, I knew I had to sort myself out as my health was starting to deteriorate. I decided to head to a small town called Godalming, where I knew an old friend lived, luckily he took pity on me and let me stay. I managed to get myself a job and get back on my feet, I now go by the name of Ollie, my hair is a couple of inches longer and I wear sunglasses and a hat when I'm outdoors as to hide my identity.

Unfortunately the guilt is still controlling me so I've decided to admit to this heinous crime and come clean once and for all. I understand you may have to inform the police about this but I was wondering is there any way I can just pay the outstanding bill of £21.80 and for it all to be forgotten about. I'm not a bad person Kirsty (May I call you Kirsty?) I made a mistake and I really don’t want to pay for it, apart from the £21.80 of course.

If there is any advice or support you can give me, it will be much appreciated.

Yours Desperately,

Ollie (was Oliver) Trout






No comments:

Post a Comment