Thursday 11 July 2013

George Michael Singer Songwriter



Dear Mr Michaels,

Firstly I just want to say I hope you have fully recovered from your latest motor related setback. You know I think it’s amazing how people are quick to judge you and take the piss, but I’m not going to jump on that bandwagon today George (Don’t mind if I call you George do you?) as I have total sympathy for you.

Last Christmas I was out learning to drive with my then girlfriend, it was going well, in fact too well, I thought I was absolutely flawless, I felt alive, almost like I was driving towards the edge of heaven, but within moments I went from thinking I was Jesus, to a child, because for some inexplicable reason I decided to lean over and mutter sweet nothings in my girlfriends ear, it turned out to be a careless whisper, because suddenly wham! Straight into a bollard, I tried spinning the wheel frantically but it was too late. Maybe if I had gone a different corner it wouldn’t have happened but what’s done is done, luckily no one was seriously injured. If only I had a father figure to turn to now because the problem I have is I’m afraid to get back in a car and learn to drive, but it is something I need to do, it gives you that freedom to do what you want. I should at least give it one more try, I just need to have a bit of faith in myself.

I guess the point I’m trying to make George is that everyone has done something stupid in a car whether that be as a driver or a passenger, so don’t feel like you’re alone in this. If you ever need someone to talk to about it, I’m your man.

All the best

Ollie Trout

No comments:

Post a Comment