Thursday 25 July 2013

Bill Oddie Birdwatcher, Broadcaster, Presenter, Actor and Writer



Dear Mr Oddie,

You’re obviously well known for your extensive knowledge on wildlife and love of birds etc. I wondered though, has it always been this way? The reason I ask this Bill (Do you mind if I call you Bill?) Is because I really used to despise them, waking me up at knob o'clock with their incessant tweeting. It got so bad that I started a vendetta with this one bird who would sit on the tree in my garden every morning coo-cooing. In the end I felt I had little choice but to purchase a rifle and shoot it.
In the aftermath of my actions I felt bad and thought I should take the time to find out more about our feathered friends in the hope that I could form some compassion towards them. At the end of the day anything that fly’s whether that be a bird a plane or superman really is quite amazing. The more I learnt about them the more my fascination grew and now I can happily say I'm a fully fledged member of Birdworld in Farnham.

I really wish I could get more people to see how fascinating these creatures are, I was delighted the other week when a few of the lads from work invited me down the local park to do some bird watching. Imagine my embarrassment Bill when I turned up in all the bird watching gear including binoculars and telescope only to find out they meant looking at women, I felt like a right tit. Now everyone at work thinks I'm a pervert and lunchtimes have become quite a lonely affair.

If you ever want to chat about birds, or women for that matter tweet me @Ilovebirdsandwomen.

Take it easy

Ollie Trout



1 comment: