Thursday 18 July 2013

Andy Murray Tennis Player



Dear Mr Murray,

I wanted to say firstly, congratulations on winning Wimbledon, it really is a wonderful achievement and you should be proud. I know it’s not like this country to overreact about anything whether that is the snow, the heat or the first British man to win Wimbledon in 77 years but people calling for you to get a knighthood might be stretching it a little too far.

Now Andy (I'm all right to call you Andy aren't I?) you know when people say where were you and what were you doing when an historical or tragic moment happened such as the death of Diana, 9/11, or when Scotland last qualified for the World Cup. When people ask me in years to come where were you and what were you doing when Andy Murray won Wimbledon?
I will say I was in a bar getting absolutely shitfaced, trying to concentrate on the screen, not knowing who was who and being thrown out after continuously shouting common Tim. Then waking up the next day in a bush remembering very little of the match or who in fact had actually won. That’s something to tell the grandkids eh Andy.

All the best

Oliver Trout
(Long standing member of the All England Lawn Tennis Club)




2 comments:

  1. Have just found your site on uk blogs and love it! Have added it to my own blog and will be following so keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, your comments mean a lot. I have checked out your blog as well it's very good and made me laugh, I will be following. All the best.

      Delete