Wednesday 19 June 2013

Roger Black Former Athlete



Dear Mr Black,


I think I was about 13 when I watched you in the Atlanta Olympic games back in 1996, you were running in the 400m final. I remember shouting at the television screen, “common Roger, you can do it Roger, go on my son…… oh never mind Roger, hey Silver is still good”. I don’t know why, but I remember it like it was yesterday.

Anyway I'm not sure what you’re doing these days but have you thought about giving acting a go? The reason I say this Roger (I presume it’s ok to call you Roger?) is I'm working on a sitcom called ‘Pot Kettle Black’ and I need the lead role to be someone famous with the surname Black. You’re the only one that springs to mind, apart from Cilla, who let’s face it is getting on a bit now and of course Jack Black, but I imagine he's busy with films and stuff. The plot will centre around you Roger Black running a coffee shop, high on cannabis, hence the name ‘Pot Kettle Black’. This all leads to hilarious consequences and juvenile mishaps.

So what do you reckon Roger? I think you can do it, you've just got to believe in yourself, don’t settle for second best….oops sorry. I've just got to write the whole thing and for it to be commissioned and we’re good to go.

Let me know

Cheers

Ollie Trout
(Amsterdam)


No comments:

Post a Comment