Monday 13 October 2014

Sam Smith Singer/Songwriter



Dear Mr Smith,                         

I would like to say firstly well done on your achievements so far in the music world; it’s refreshing to see genuine talented artists such as yourself do well in a business that has been riddled with manufactured pop garbage such as One Direction. Having said that I do quite like that song they did called ‘Best Song Ever’ and that other one wasn’t bad, I think it’s called ‘What Makes You Beautiful’ not to mention ‘Stories Of My Life’ and of course who could forget ‘Live While We’re Young’ and Kiss You, especially live at the O2…..I would imagine.

Anyway Sam (Do you mind if I call you Sam?) the reason I write to you today is regarding your song Money on my mind, where you say you don’t have money on your mind and you do it for the love. Now I’m pleased for you Sam I really am but I’m in the complete opposite situation, I got money on my mind all the time, trying to pay the rent each month and the gas bills just gone up again. I can’t say I do it for the love either, I mean don’t get me wrong Sam I don’t hate my job but to be frankly honest I wouldn’t be doing it if I didn’t have to.

Now I’m not asking you for any money Sam as I’m not that kind of guy but I did wonder if I could use you the basis of your song to make a spoof music video? It will be called ‘Mummy on my mind’ and it will feature a toddler enjoying himself at nursery, the playground etc, basically saying he doesn’t have his mum on his mind because he’s having far too much fun. I’m currently in the process of writing the lyrics and I really think it could be a money spinner, what do you think?

Let me know Sam

Cheers

Oliver Trout

Kitchen Assistant

2 comments:

  1. of course he do it for the money

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. I hope it will be helpful for too many people that are searching for this topic. Keep posting and keep this forum a great place to learn things.

    ReplyDelete