Tuesday 10 December 2013

Tom Daley Professional Diver



Dear Mr Daley, 

I just want to say firstly for you to come out as a homosexual on a Youtube video really must have taken a lot of courage to do, so I commend you for that. It did come as little surprise to me though Tom (Don’t mind if I call you Tom do you?) as it was my understanding, correct me if I'm wrong that you had to be gay to be involved in the professional sport of diving?

I would also like to add my input regarding the video itself, as much as it must have been difficult for you to do and with it being a serious subject, I do think on the whole it lacked creativity and humour. I think Tom to make it funnier you could have had your boyfriend bring you breakfast in bed halfway through with a pink thong on, or maybe had posters of half naked men up on your wall in the background just to make people aware before you got to the point. Another scenario could have had your mum or a member of your family interrupting halfway through and saying ‘You’re are gay! When were you planning on telling me’ or something like that, but what really would have made it for me would have been if you had done the whole video dressed like Daffyd from Little Britain, honestly it would have been hilarious.

Look I understand this was a sensitive subject and on the whole you delivered it very well but I'm a firm believer that humour in any situation makes everything better, with the exception of a funeral maybe, probably best to wait until after the service for any jokes about the deceased, you don’t want to be in that situation believe me. I guess what I'm saying is if you can’t laugh at yourself eh Tom.

All the best

O. Trout


No comments:

Post a Comment